I did tweak it a little bit to my taste. Here’s a step by step How To and here’s the link to a VINE that shows you how it’s done! — Yes, I just discovered Vine and its unlimited food porn potential, h/t @ Mashable! Follow me @The_ItAlien to get videos of food and life and other stuff.
Vegetarian Broccoli Meatballs with Parmigiano and Nuts.
You are going to need:
– Broccoli, two heads, cleaned and stemmed;
– Nuts: I used a mix of salted peanuts, almonds and cashews. Half a cup does it.
– 2 or 3 eggs;
– Grated Parmigiano Reggiano;
– 1 Garlic clove (optional);
– Bread Crumbs;
– Salt & Pepper.
1) Blend the nuts making sure they don’t get too powdery.
2) Take your stemmed broccoli and blend them too until broken in smaller crumbs (do not puree!)
3) Blend the garlic if you want to use it.
4) Mix everything together in a bowl.
5) Add Parm…
6) Add eggs…
7) Add salt and pepper…
8) Add breadcrumbs…
9) Mix it all up then get ready to roll!
I rolled each “meatball” in breadcrumbs for added crunch!
10) Cook these beauties in a preheated oven at 375 F for about 15′-25′, depending on the size of your “meatballs”.
And here’s how they look when they’re done!
Serving suggestion: These are AWESOME with a mix of barbecue sauce and ketchup. They make a great Vegetarian appetizer/munchie for your Summer gatherings! I’m thinking picnics and potluck parties… ❤